Friday, December 5, 2008

New world of blogging


OK, this whole blog thing is new to me so please be patient as "this is my first time." lol. I know a few people who blog, some regularly and some occassionally and they seem to enjoy it so I figured I'd give it a try.


I'm not really one for putting my business out there for the world to see but I will enjoy sharing with you the tales of my upcoming wedding; which I'm soooo excited about...NATURALLY.

I will start by telling you that it all began almost two years ago when I moved into Center City Philadelphia. It was totally on a whim. I came home from work one day and decided I wanted to challenge myself, reach outside my own limits and become a "city girl." I always loved the city but never had the guts to actually move into the city. So I decided one random afternoon that this was something I needed to do and off I went looking for an apartment.

Once I found a place to live and signed my lease I was extremely excited about this new phase of my life. I was anxiously awaiting the endless possibilities of own personal growth. So I moved into Philadelphia not knowing a soul but relying on a few friends who were "regulars" to downtown life. Once I got settled I started going out to different bars and met a great circle of friends. It was within this circle that I met the love of my life.

I immediately noticed him and commented to my friend about his status which was unknown at the time. However as luck had it...every time we were all out together he was never "with" anyone so chances of him being single were looking better and better. Months went on and our group went from 8 people to about 4-5 and we naturally became a bit closer. As all of this was going on we began talking more and more and he finally asked me out. Our relationship bloomed quickly and it has been a whirlwind romance with ups and downs but more than anything great opportunities to grow together. The love we share is something I could only have imagined and I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

With that being said we were engaged within a year of dating each other and are now planning our May wedding.

The planning process has been fun and a bit stressful but not like I was expecting. I'm a total planner and like to have things lined up and done. Therefore the big things are done and now it's a matter of details.

I do have to get back to work; but to keep in with the title of this blog I will be posting more details about the "ChicUrbanWedding" later.

PS...I know this blog is boring right now but with some help I promise to make it better, hint hint.

No comments: