Monday, December 8, 2008

Dresses and Veils

I'm at home and pretty bored right now (although listening/watching A Charlie Brown Christmas is getting me into the holiday spirit) so I decided to try and figure more of this blog thing out and play around a bit.

I've added a few "gadgets" about dresses and veils. I love Reem Acra dresses. They are beautiful, elegant, classic, well made and have intricate detail. After trying some on I made my decision but that won't be unveiled until the big day. I would love to talk more about my dress because I absolutely love it; but my fiance amuses me and reads this blog from time to time and I can't give away his surprise. I'm pretty sure Reem Acra means nothing to him! LOL.

I do want to share with you my experience in picking out my veil. I had gone to a few salons trying on dresses and I was at Suky when they put this absolutely gorgeous veil on me. I immediately fell in love it. I asked who designed the veil and my consultant told me it was made by HOMA. She also informed me that they were going to have a HOMA trunk show coming up and I would have an opportunity to pick out from a variety of veils. With that I asked to be put on the list for the trunk show.

The day of the trunk show my mom and I went and as luck would have it the designer herself was there. I picked out the veil I loved and she had me try on 3 other veils. She then designed a veil from the 3 different ones I tried on. It was such a neat experience to have a designer look at me in my dress, and just start designing a veil. It was overwhelming yet VERY fun! Veil is due to arrive in January...I can't wait to see it! My hope is that it can become a family heirloom!

HOMA was so nice and wonderful to work with. She makes beautiful veils and also has a gorgeous line of jewelry. If you are looking for a veil or bridal jewelry check out her stuff...it's gorgeous.

1 comment:

Mary-Frances said...

I'm folowing your blog too! Can't wait to see the veil!!!!! :) Mine is wrapped up with my dress that i need to get cleaned and boxed... maybe for my 5 year anniversary! Hahaha :)